This year’s Essex Digital Awards, which took place at Hylands House in Chelmsford, saw the best digital talent in Essex come together for the annual awards ceremony. Hosted by Premio64 and sponsored by Freelance SEO Essex, the event was a again a huge success, and showcased the best digital businesses in Essex.
Our brand has been involved in the Essex Digital Awards (EDAs) in some capacity since 2013. But this year, for the very first time, Freelance SEO Essex was billed as the initiative’s Headline Sponsor – which meant that our team got to enjoy unprecedented branding across all of the scheme’s marketing materials; extra exposure at the added open networking event at Chelmsford City Racecourse; and, of course, 10 tickets to the awards night itself, which took place at Hylands House, Chelmsford on Thursday 3rd May 2018.
The whole of our in-house team, including Director Danny Hall, duly turned up suited and booted at 7pm sharp to celebrate the very best of the county’s digital talent with friends and peers.
All lucky guests were treated to bubbles in the House’s impressive reception room before heading into the venue’s events space. This purpose-built marquee housed 28 full tables of sponsors and finalists, all of whom enjoyed a two-course meal and plenty of table wine while host Robin Bailey of Capricorn Media raised the already-infectious energy in the room with talk of the various awards that were up for grabs.
Once the hand-outs were in full swing, Danny took to the stage to present the Bronze, Silver and Gold accolades for two categories: Best Blog, which was first in the line-up, and Best Website. The highest award for the latter, which is arguably the most sought-after of them all, went to Shaken Udder by Witham-based agency MediaVita.
Having attended the EDAs’ awards ceremonies for 5 years running, we can safely say that this event was the most exciting and enjoyable yet. The sheer calibre of the companies that were involved in the scheme – whether as sponsors, supporters, finalists or entrants – demonstrates how well-regarded the Digital Awards have become amongst local businesses. It was clear to us, too, that organisers Iain and Andy from Premio64 had really gone the extra mile to impress their audience this year and ensure that the scheme is always one step ahead of other awards’ initiatives in Essex. Thanks and well done to both for pulling off such a memorable evening!
Danny Hall Chats to EDA Host Robin Bailey
If you missed the announcement from the EDAs that was posted online straight after the event, here’s the full list of winners for reference:
BEST WEBSITE OF THE YEAR
BEST ONLINE RETAILER
- Gold – The Bra Closet
- Silver – The Ragged Priest by sixredsquares
- Bronze – BoldLine Clothing by Studio Link 11
- Gold – Wedding Day Angel
- Silver – Your Healthy Living Magazine by JFN Productions
- Bronze – Magnificent Stuff
BEST USE OF VIDEO FOR BUSINESS
- Gold – Sound Financial Planning
- Silver – The Robin Cancer Trust
- Bronze – Countryside Properties by Focus Integrated
BEST WEBSITE: B2B
- Gold – Red7Marine by Voice Communications
- Silver – Riviera Drinks by Focus Integrated
- Bronze – Fisher Jones Greenwood LLP
BEST WEBSITE: LIFESTYLE & CULTURE
- Gold – The Vida Consultancy by sixredsquares
- Silver – Elequra by Website Design Ltd
- Bronze – Crafty Arts
BEST WEBSITE: MARKETING & CREATIVE
- Gold – Chilligraphics
- Silver – Polar Creative
- Bronze – Charlotte Speculo Floral Designer by Scott Pearson Design
BEST WEBSITE: SCHOOL, EDUCATION OR CHARITY
BEST WEBSITE: SMALL BUSINESS
BEST WEBSITE: SPORTS & ENTERTAINMENT
- Gold – Base Jump by Design Thing
- Silver – Chelmsford City Racecourse
- Bronze – Team BRIT by Digital Reflow
BEST WEBSITE: TOURISM & HOSPITALITY
- Gold – The Swan Hotel by Green Square
- Silver – Aldeburgh Fish & Chips by Hughes & Co Design
- Bronze – DJP Hospitality by sixredsquares
We look forward to supporting next year’s event and meeting the finalists and winners – see you all in 2019!